Equitable Origin helps differentiate and reward the most innovative, responsible oil and gas producers
According to a Gallop Poll rating American’s opinions and trust of 25 business sectors from 2001-2010, the oil and gas industry has ranked the lowest in 8 of the 9 years surveyed. This distrust extends to local stakeholders including regulators, non-governmental organizations and indigenous communities. Poor perceptions manifest into significant operational, legal and reputational risk throughout the process of exploration and production.
Yet we are reliant on oil and gas until the world moves to renewable energy sources and closed loop manufacturing, estimated to take decades. As manufacturers and whole industries work to manage or eliminate social and environmental risks in their supply chains, they are keen to understand business practices down to the raw resource extraction point.
Equitable Origin brings transparency to the oil and gas industry and, through its certification program, enables downstream customers to differentiate amongst exploration and production practices, giving producers with the best environmental and social performance the recognition they deserve.
Equitable Origin offers innovative oil and gas operators:
- A protocol for engaging stakeholders in a productive dialog to build trust and informed support of their projects
- Support services to help them meet the EO100 Standard
- Independent, credible verification of an oil and gas operation’s performance
- Public certification that has the support of local and indigenous communities, international NGOs, financing institutions and independent experts
- A certificate trading and ecolabel system that links certified producers to downstream customers and consumers, raising public awareness of good practices and rewarding the best companies